Sunday, March 15, 2009
I baked an apple coffee cake yesterday. It was a huge success! It was gone by the night and I had to make another today. If you are into baking, you should have most of the ingredients already. Also, if the butter is at room temperature, you really don't need to have a mixer. I would definitely recommend this. I got the recipe online, but made some changes according to what I did with the second one.
I made this on a spring form pan, but you can just make this on a regular rectangular baking pan.
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
5/6 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 1/4 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 eggs beaten
3/4 cup whole milk
2 baking apples peeled and sliced
1/3 cup grounded walnuts
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. mix 1/3 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, set aside
3. sift flour, baking powder and salt
4. In a separate bowl, mix butter, 1/3 cup sugar and eggs into a batter
5. Mix in milk and flour mixture, alternating between the both
6. Spread half the batter into baking dish. Lay the apple slices on the batter. Sprinkle half the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of the apples.
7. Pour the rest of the batter on top.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top.
9. Sprinkle the walnuts.
10. Bake the cake for 30 minutes.
maybe I'll make some for our potluck in April!